- Define terms associated with digital audio
- Create digital audio files
- Research digital audio software
To Do List
- Read Chapter 4
- Read tutorials on Audacity
- Discuss digital audio software
- Watch lecture video
- Watch assignment video
- Complete assignment
- Complete chapter 4 quiz
- Chapter 4
- Read the four tutorials listed under the heading “Basics” at http://audacity.sourceforge.net/manual-1.2/tutorials.html
Digital audio discussion
Use the discussion board titled “Digital Audio Discussion” in Blackboard and research two software package for creating and editing digital audio. For each, include the name (4 points) , publisher (4 points), website address (4 points), cost (4 points), target audience (4 points), 1 paragraph description (20 points) and five comments from users of the software (40 points). Write a one paragraph comparison of the two packages (20 points). Do not discuss software that another student has posted.
Recording with Audacity
Summary: Use the introduction that you posted in the discussion board and create an audio introduction. Reply to another student with an audio reply.
Total Points: 100
- Download and install Audacity, http://audacity.sourceforge.net/.
- Use the introduction that you posted in the discussion board as a script and record the introduction using Audacity (20 points).
- Save the introduction as a WAV or MP3 file (20 points) and post it to the Audio Introductions in the discussion board (10 points). Create your discussion post and add the sound file as an attachment. Also, copy and paste your original introduction to this posting. (10 points) Only post a WAV or MP3 file. Do not post the Audacity Project (AUP) file.
- Reply to another audio introduction with an audio reply. First type out what you will say. Create a sound file (WAV or MP3) (20 points) using Audacity to use as a reply, attach it to a reply (10 points) and post your text in the reply (10 points).
- Submit your introduction audio file to Blackboard.
Note: Adding the script of the audio file is for creating content for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) compliance.
Login to Blackboard and take the chapter 4 quiz.