- Define digital audio terms
- Interview instructor
- Edit an audio file
- Create an Audacity tutorial
To Do List
- Read Chapter 5
- Watch lecture video
- Post interview questions audio file (at least 3 days before due date)
- Complete assignment
- Post completed interview
- Post audio effects files
- Complete Exploration Project 2
- Take chapter 5 quiz.
- Chapter 5
- Read the 4 tutorials located under the Editing for Beginners at http://audacity.sourceforge.net/manual-1.2/tutorials.html. Read these tutorials before beginning Assignment 5.
Login to Blackboard and post your interview questions audio file from this parts assignment in the discussion area labeled “Unit 5 Instructor Questions”.
Login to Blackboard (or Epic for Academic Partnership students) and post your completed interview audio file from this parts assignment in the discussion area labeled “Unit 5 Completed Interviews”.
Login to Blackboard (or Epic for Academic Partnership students) and post your audio file demonstrating an effect from this units exploration project in the discussion area labeled “Unit 5 Audio Effects”.
Creating an audio interview
Summary: Compile an audio interview using Audacity.
Total Points: 100
- Read the Chapter 5 tutorials and watch the Chapter 5 videos.
- Post an audio file (WAV or MP3) in the Discussion board area – “Instructor questions” that has 5 questions for me to answer. (5 points each question).
- Type your questions and my answers into a document, label it as Interview Script (5 points) and submit it in the assignments area. (2 points each question, 2 points each answer)
- I will post my responses in audio files and post them on .
- Using Audacity, copy and paste my answers into your audio questions file (5 points each answer correctly placed) and save it under a new name (5 points).
- Post the completed interview in the discussion area labeled “Unit 5 Completed Interviews” (10 points) as a WAV or MP3 file (10 points).
- Also submit your completed interview file to Blackboard.
Exploration project 2
Audacity Effects Tutorial
Summary: Create an Audacity Tutorial showing how to use an Audacity effect.
Total Points: 100
- Pick an effect (located under the Effects menu item) in Audacity to create a tutorial on. (5 Points)
- Create a recording to use in your tutorial, save as a mp3 or wav (5 Points), and post it in the discussion area labeled “Unit 5 Audacity Effects”. (5 Points)
- Use Jing to screen capture the steps to complete your tutorial.
- Include at least 5 screen shots. (4 points each)
- Add the screen shots to your tutorial document and type the instructions. (25 Points)
- Create the finished file demonstrating your effect and post it in the discussion area labeled “Unit 5 Audacity Effects”. (20 points) Label the finished file differently than your original file.
- Use GIMP (or some other image editor) and create a logo of your own design to place at the top of your tutorial (20 Points)
- Submit the tutorial through the Blackboard assignment link.
Login to Blackboard and take the Chapter 5 quiz.