- Recall multimedia terms
- Research multimedia animation software
- Discuss multimedia software
- Produce interactive multimedia with animation
- Create a portfolio
- Rate Multimedia
To Do List
- Read Chapter 8
- Watch lecture video
- Discuss multimedia animation
- Complete assignment
- Post Share Document
- Complete Portfolio project
- Complete chapter 8 quiz
- Chapter 8
Use the discussion board titled “Multimedia Discussion” in Blackboard and research two software packages used for creating multimedia animation. For each, include the name (4 points) , publisher (4 points), website address (4 points), cost (4 points), target audience (4 points), 1 paragraph description (20 points) and five comments from users of the software (40 points). Write a one paragraph comparison of the two packages (20 points). Do not discuss software that another student has posted.
Creating Interactive Multimedia With Animation
Summary: In this assignment you will create interactive multimedia using software called Share 4. You can use the full-featured 30 day evaluation version for this assignment.
Total Points: 100
- Click here to watch in introduction video on Share 4.
- Click here for a tutorial on using Share to create animation. If you are using a Macintosh, click here.
- Create a new Share document, you can use more than one page, and demonstrate the following:
- Using text. (10 Points)
- Using images. (10 Points)
- Using a sound file. (10 Points)
- Using a video. (10 Points)
- Add an object. (10 Points)
- Add a hyperlink. (10 Points)
- Create an animation. (30 Points)
- Go to the discussion area and create a post that has your Share file attached to it in the Unit 8 discussion topics so others can view your creation. (10 Points)
- Submit your file to the Blackboard assignment area for Unit 8.
Summary: Create a portfolio of select media projects on Behance.
Total Points: 100
Create a free account on Behance at http://www.behance.net/ (10 Points)
Only give the required information when signing up and make up a birth date if you want.
You may have to wait until the service sends you a confirmation before you begin work. You should receive the confirmation within 24 hours.
- Click the My Portfolio Tab and select Create New Project.
- Give your project a title. (10 Points)
- Select a Blank Canvas. (10 Points) This is a default now. Ignore this. You will receive the points.
- Add one image (10 Points), one video (10 Points) and one audio file (10 Points) from projects you worked on this semester. You can save a lot of time with your video by choosing the Embed option and pasting the embed code from a video you have posted on youTube. Also, your sound file will need to be in MP3 format. You can use this free program at http://download.cnet.com/WAV-to-MP3-Converter/3000-2140_4-10060500.html to convert your WAV to MP3 if your file is in the WAV format.
- Press Save then Continue.
- Upload an image for your project cover (read the requirements for the image size on Behance). (10 Points)
- Press the Crop and Continue button.
- Select a creative field.
- Add search tags. (5 Points)
- Enter a description and set description options. (5 points)
- Set your copyright permissions.
- Enter the tools you used.
- Press Save Changes.
- Click Publish Project. (10 Points)
- Press the My Portfolio tab.
- Hover over your project image and select View Project.
- Copy the link from your browser and submit this link in the assignment area. (10 Points)
- Logout of Behance and test your link.
- Email me your link when you finish so I can check and make sure your link works.
- Submit the link in Blackboard.
Login to Blackboard and take the Unit 8 quiz.