Next offering: Fall 2015
In this course I will teach you how to create interactive games using the Gamemaker programming environment. Assignments will require you to drag characters and objects from a library into the world and select options on how the objects will interact with each other.
Assignments can typically take about an hour for the first few to four or more hours for the later ones. Homework examples and solutions are given so you can practice before beginning the assignments. No prior programming knowledge required.
Software needed for this course
You will need to download and install the following software to complete the class assignments. All software is available at no cost.
Links to other units will appear as the semester progresses.
- Unit 1 – Design and navigation
- Unit 2 – Movement and collisions
- Unit 3 – Random actions
- Unit 4 – Interactions and gravity
- Unit 5 – Paths
- Unit 6 – Timelines and alarms
- Unit 7 – Tiles and sprite animation
- Unit 8 – Scripts and Final project