- Identify Gamemaker terms
- Use random control actions
- Design a program to create objects
- Complete Unit 3 readings
- Watch video – Random events
- Watch assignment video – Diamond Explorer
- Complete assignment – Diamond Explorer
None for this unit.
Located in the help section of the Gamemaker software
- Actions: Main Actions, set 1 – create instance and create moving
Summary: Create a game where an explorer follows the mouse cursor and collects diamonds. Diamonds are randomly created by a spawning object. Watch the assignment video for a sample of play.
Total Points: 100
Diamond, explorer, wall, spawner, continue button (10 points – 2 points each).
Draw your own sprites for each. Do not use images created by someone else.
Sounds and Music:
Add a sound for when the explorer collects a diamond (5 points) and when the spawner creates a new diamond. (5 points)
Create a background for the Game over room. (5 points)
Create a background for the Title screen room. (5 points)
- Explorer, wall, diamond, spawner, continue button (10 points – 2 points each)
- Explorer – Will follow the mouse cursor (5 points). Destroys diamonds when a collision occurs. (5 points). Plays a sound after collision with diamond. (5 points)
- Diamonds – bounce after collision with wall. (5 points)
- Spawner – randomly creates diamonds and sends them off. (10 points) Sound plays when diamond created. (5 points)
- Continue button – start the game from the title screen.
- Other – Game over when no more diamond instance are in the room (check for this in the End Step event for the explorer). (5 points) Add a transition between rooms. (2 points)
- Create a room and add a border with the wall object, add wall objects inside of the room, add the Explorer object, the Spawner object and two diamonds. (5 points)
- Create the Game over room. (5 points)
- Create the Title screen room with continue button. (5 points)
Add the title of the assignment, your name and date to the game information (located under the resources menu item). (3 points)