- Construct a scene
- Construct a method
- Demonstrate Boolean functions
- Demonstrate conditional loops
- Modify object properties
To Do List
- Read chapter 7
- Watch lecture video
- Watch assignment video
- Complete assignment
- Complete chapter 7 quiz
- Chapter 7 – Repetition: Definite and Conditional Loops
Use a button to make a chicken hop and spin.
Total points: 100
- Add a chicken, a button and 3 other objects (2 points each)
- Set the button property to red (the button inside the button object…not the whole button) (5 points)
- While the button is red the chicken hops. Use a WHILE loop (10 points)and create a method called “hop” (5 points). Add code to your hop methods to simulate a hopping motion (5 points).
- While the button is green the chicken spins. Use a WHILE loop (10 points)and create a method called “spin”(5 points). Add code to your hop methods to simulate a spinning motion (5 points).
- When the button is clicked it will change to green if the button is red (5 points) and change to red if the button is green (5 points). Create a method called “check color” (5 points). Create a mouse click event to activate the “check color” method (5 points).
- Add another chicken (5 points) and create another method for when the player clicks on chicken #2 (5 points). Add code to your method to make the chicken do something spectacular (10 points).
- Add other objects to enhance the scene (5 points).
- Login to Blackboard (or Epic for Academic Partnership students) and submit your Alice project file.
Login to Blackboard (or Epic for Academic Partnership students) and take the Chapter 7 quiz.