- Construct a scene
- Develop a recursive method
- Demonstrate Boolean functions
- Modify object properties
To Do List
- Read Chapter 8
- Watch lecture video
- Watch assignment video
- Complete assignment
- Complete chapter 8 quiz
- Complete Final Project
- Chapter 1 – Getting started with Alice
Have a turtle swim to an island and jump onto the island right before a shark attacks using recursion.
Total points: 100
- Add a shark, turtle, island, sky environment, and 6 other objects (fish, birds, decorations, etc) (1 point each)
- Set the shark property of Is Showing to false (5 points)
- Have the turtle face the island (5 points) and swim to within 5 meters of the island (5 points) using a recursive method (10 points)
- Have the shark appear (switch Is Showing to true) (5 points)
- Have the shark face the turtle (5 points) and swim to the turtle (5 points) using a recursive method (10 points)
- Create a method so that the turtle jumps on the island when the shark is within 2 meters (10 points)
- Construct (10 points) and demonstrate (10 points) another recursive method of your own creation.
- Comment all parts of your program (10 points)
- Submit your Alice project file through Blackboard (or Epic for Academic Partnership students).
Details of the Final Project will be available through Blackboard (or Epic for Academic Partnership students).
Login to Blackboard (or Epic for Academic Partnership students) and take the Chapter 8 quiz.